Obituary: Russell William Papenhausen
Russell William Papen-hausen, 75, Fresno, Calif., died Friday, Jan. 5, 2007.
Mr. Papenhausen was born Nov. 5, 1931, in Linwood, the son of Ella and Charles Papenhausen.
His family moved to Fresno in 1946. After graduating from Roosevelt High School in 1949, he joined the U.S. Navy and served abroad the USS Prince-ton in the Korean War. He later was a general contactor.
In 1953, he was married. His wife, Eileen, survives, of the home. Other survivors include three sons, Donald, David and James; a daughter, Patricia Cockrell; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and three sisters, Dorothy Stewart, Tonganoxie, Betty Bell, Kansas City, Mo., and Carol Ellsworth, Fresno. A grandson, Eric, preceded him in death.
Remembrances may be made to Nancy Hinds Hospice, 1616 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. C-1, Fresno, CA 93711.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council determines ballot question wording
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Tonganoxie Planning Commission approves recommendations on large projects
- Tonganoxie Planning Commission to hear proposals today for luxury RV, new Casey's store