Tonganoxie girls fall for first time this season
The hopes for an undefeated season have been dashed.
Bonner Springs defeated Tonganoxie in girls basketball action, 47-44, Friday night, as the Chieftains fell to 17-1 on the season. The Chieftains will play again Tuesday against Bishop Ward in Tonganoxie before finishing off the regular season with a road trip Feb. 23 to Shawnee to face Mill Valley.
The THS boys fell to Bonner Springs, 58-42, in the second game, as the Chieftains fell to 10-8 on the season. With the defeat, Tonganoxie fell for the third consecutive game. THS will play Tuesday at Kansas City Kansas Community College against Bishop Ward and will finish the regular season Feb. 23 in Shawnee against Mill Valley.
For more Chieftain basketball coverage, see the Feb. 21 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Tyson plant opponents pack Leavenworth County Commission meeting
- Kansas regulators to decide on rate hike for KCP&L customers
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children