Obituary: Donna Lois Chapman
Burial for Donna Lois Chapman, 79, Tonganoxie, will be at a later date at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mrs. Chapman died Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007, at her home. She donated her body to medical science.
She was born Jan. 14, 1928, in De Soto, the daughter of Vernon Leslie and Pearl June Warsop Ashlock.
She graduated in 1945 from Westport High School in Kansas City, Mo., and in 1949 from Kansas State University, where she was a member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority.
She was a member of Tonganoxie United Methodist Church and worked at Good Shepherd Thrift Shop for many years.
She married Charles R. "Dick" Chapman on Aug. 27, 1950. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Richard G. "Rick" Chapman and wife Melanie, Tonganoxie, and E. Charles "Chuck" Chapman II, Lawrence; a daughter, Cathy L. Chapman and husband Raymond Kuntz, Lake Lotawana, Mo., five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
One granddaughter, Jennifer Lynne Bartlett, preceded her in death.
The family suggests memorials to Tonganoxie United Methodist Church, American Lung Association or Best Friends Animal Society, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty