Letters to the editor: Internet not accessible to many elderly
To the editor:
I read with great interest your editorial regarding public notices and your argument that they should not be put on the Internet in lieu of publication in local papers.
I agree with you wholeheartedly, if for no other reason than there are hundreds and thousands of citizens my age (I mean very senior individuals) who do not have access to the Internet.
A lot of my generation couldn't care less about computers.
Another thing you are right on when it comes to records published in papers is that they're permanent and saved for posterity. The Internet cannot compete in this category.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher