High school activities expected to go on as scheduled
Weathers forces cancellations elsehwere in area, but not for Tonganoxie, McLouth and Basehor-Linwood
Winter weather forced school officials in Wellsville and Baldwin to alter school activities there Friday, but Tonganoxie, McLouth and Basehor-Linwood are moving forward with their activities.
At McLouth, school officials debated Friday afternoon whether to go through with basketball games Friday night, but officials decided by 2 p.m. to go ahead with games against Cair Paravel in Topeka.
Basehor-Linwood started its annual Bobcat Classic wrestling tournament at noon Friday. The two-day tournament will conclude Saturday. Basketball at Bonner Springs also was expected to be played Friday night.
Tonganoxie High is slated to play Mill Valley at home Friday night. THS athletics director Brandon Parker said Friday afternoon that he expects the games will be played if school is not let out early because of inclement weather.
Tonganoxie also will have its Randy Starcher Memorial Invitational wrestling tournament Saturday. Parker said that event will be held as planned. The tourney begins at 9 a.m. Saturday in the THS gymnasium.
More like this story
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Crews clean up hydraulic spill in Tonganoxie subdivision
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- Tonganoxie City Council approves hiring legal counsel for potential proceedings with RV resort group
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold