Obituary: Jack Walter Neibarger
A memorial service with military honors and inurnment for Jack Walter Neibarger, 85, Sun City, Ariz., will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, 2007, at Sunland Memorial Park and Mortuary, Sun City, Ariz.
Mr. Neibarger died Jan. 12, 2007, in Sun City, Ariz. He was born July 12, 1921, in Strong City, Kan., the son of Walter and Thresa Neibarger. He graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1939. He attended a Kansas City radio and television technical school. From 1953 to 1989, he owned and operated Bird Television Repair in Lawrence. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps and was a World War II veteran. He was an active member of the Sun City Men's Gold Club.
He married Mary Louise Snodgrass on Aug. 3, 1958, in Lawrence. She survives, of the home. Other survivors include his daughters, Lisa Hatfield, Glendale, Ariz., and Lea Neibarger, Peoria, Ariz.; his brothers, Jere Neibarger, Lawrence, and John Neibarger, Clinton, Mo., and two grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Phoenix Children's Hospital, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 1919 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix 85016.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday