Tonganoxie boys and girls advance to semifinals
Girls breeze to win against Immaculata; boys win thriller against Jeff West
The Tonganoxie girls team improved to 9-0 with a 51-24 win against Immaculata on Tuesday in the quarterfinals of the Tonganoxie Invitational.
Tonganoxie led, 25-9, at halftime and never looked back. The win moved the Chieftains to a semifinal matchup at 6 p.m. Friday against Silver Lake, which defeated Pleasant Ridge, 65-30, in an earlier game Tuesday. The two teams will meet for the third time in as many years Friday. Last year, Silver Lake defeated THS in the tournament championship, while THS defeated Silver Lake in the 2005 title game.
Against Immaculata, Shannon Carlin was top scorer with 12, while Ali Pistora scored 10.
In the boys quaterfinals, Tonganoxie defeated Jeff West, 56-53, in overtime, and improved to 7-2. THS will face Eudora, which defeated Pleasant Ridge on Monday.
Jeff Hughes led THS against Jeff West with 18, as Zeb Kissinger (14) and Tyler Miles (10) also scored in double figures.
The Tonganoxie-Eudora game will start at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High football season opens Friday at Spring Hill; 2 games to be on TV
- Tonganoxie High assistant takes over helm for boys basketball team
- Lansing spoils Tonganoxie homecoming game with big second half
- Tonganoxie teams get early start
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas