Late three-pointer pushes Lansing past Silver Lake
The Lansing High boys, down by 13 with 5:28 left in the third quarter, rallied for a 41-40 win, thanks to a Curtis Beall three-pointer with five-tenths of a second left in the game in action Thursday at the Tonganoxie Invitational.
Silver Lake held a comfortable lead in the first half, but Lansing surged back in the second half and tied the game at 28 with 6:43 left in the game. SLHS led by four with 28 seconds left, but Lansing continued its furious comeback and won the contest in consolation play. Silver Lake will play at 11:30 a.m. Saturday in the Tonganoxie High west gymnasium formerly the junior high gymnasium, while Lansing will play at 11:30 a.m. Saturday in the THS main gymnasium.
Earlier Thursday, Atchison defeated Jeff West in girls consolation play, 45-33.
Atchison will play the winner of Thursday's Immaculata-Pleasant Ridge game at 10 a.m. Saturday in the THS main gymnasium. Jeff West wll play the loser of that game in the west gymnasium.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County inmate sentenced to more than 10 years
- Tonganoxie, McLouth student-athletes named to all-Lawrence Journal-World teams
- Taking the stage: Tonganoxie band SnakeDog to perform Friday
- Tonganoxie baseball regional postponed due to weather
- McLouth High basketball teams open winter with new coaches