Voters to decide on county administrator — again
Leavenworth County voters will get another chance this spring to voice their opinion on the need for a county administrator.
In a 2-1 vote Monday, commissioners directed County Clerk Linda Scheer to place on the April 3 ballot the question of whether the commission should establish the office of county administrator.
Commission Chairman J.C. Tellefson and Commissioner Clyde Graeber voted in the majority with Commissioner Dean Oroke opposed.
This will mark the third time issue has been put to voters in the past 10 years. Voter referendums on a county administrator failed in both 1998 and 2002.
For more on the issue, see the Jan. 24 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Trial begins in robbery shooting of Wyandotte County deputy
- Suspect in custody after Kansas City killing spree that left five dead
- Kansas deputies confront nude Oregon man taking pictures
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor