Obituary: Lucille Cordon
Graveside inurnment services for Lucille Cordon, 80, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2007, at Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mrs. Cordon died Friday, Jan. 19, 2007, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born Jan. 8, 1927, in St. Joseph, Mo., the daughter of August and Alice (Edwards) Goerke.
She was married to John P. Cordon, who died Dec. 26, 1967. A son, Michael Cordon, preceded her in death in July 1990.
Mrs. Cordon was a member of West Haven Baptist Church, Tonganoxie, and the Eastern Star.
Survivors include two daughters, Pamela Lux, Tonganoxie, and Beverly DeDecker, Waynesboro, Va.; a sister, Frances Ashby, Hutchinson; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Condolences may be left for the family at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push