Obituary: Rose Aligo
Services for Rose Aligo, 88, Tonganoxie, will be Saturday, Jan. 27, 2007, at St. Francis Church, Hoboken, N.J. Burial will be in Holy Cross Cemetery, North Arlington, N.J. A wake will be Friday, Jan. 26, 2007, at Failla Memorial Home, Hoboken, N.J.
Mrs. Aligo died Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2007, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born Jan. 1, 1919, in Jersey City Heights, N.J., the daughter of Michael and Pasquiline Marianucci.
She married Dominick "Dick" Aligo on Feb. 8, 1943, at St. Paul of the Cross in Jersey City, N.J. He died in 1981.
Mrs. Aligo was active in the St. Francis church and school, served as president of the mothers guild, and was a 30-year volunteer at Deborah Heart and Lung Hospital. She was active in the Hoboken High School football booster club, served as a volunteer at senior city for 25 years and she started the Columbus-Columbetts Club of Hoboken.
Survivors include her sons, Gerard Aligo, Tonganoxie, and Richard Aligo, Texas; her stepsisters, Mille Truncale and Maggie Napoleon; and three grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to St. Francis Church in Hoboken, NJ.
More like this story
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized