Kirk Wisely of Tampa, Fla., arrived June 23 to visit Jim Murry. They attended the Tonganoxie High School 1977 class reunion. While in the area, they visited the World War I Museum at the Liberty Memorial. Kirk left to return home last Wednesday.
Tim and Diane Murry traveled June 23 to Columbus, Texas, to visit Tim and Debbie Swallow. They went to Galveston to the beach and on a motorcycle ride to the hill country. This is their fourth year to tour on motorcycles.
The Jaunty Jarbalonians chapter of the Red Hat Society had a picnic at the home of David and Jane Turner in Jarbalo. David grilled hamburgers for the group, and members provided other dishes for the meal. They enjoyed eating on the deck and also viewing the flowers that master gardener Jane has in the yard. After eating, everyone went indoors where they viewed several hand-tooled leather pictures that Jane and David have made along with some other leather articles. Jane demonstrated several of the procedures it takes to tool leather.
Those attending were Connie Barnett, Barbara Bailey, Bonny Barnett, Betty Clark, Lynn Paul, Linda Barry, Jane Turner and Thamar Barnett.
Julia Carter and Shianne spent Saturday night with Thamar Barnett.
More like this story
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor
- Chieftain Cafe at Tonganoxie Public Libray welcomes volunteers
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial logo unveiled; community band expected to make return
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward