Police list fireworks rules
The Tonganoxie Police Department wants to make sure Tonganoxie residents have a safe and happy Independence Day on Wednesday.
Officials want to remind people that fireworks can only be set off on private property between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. today and Wednesday. Police advise parents to carefully supervise children if they are going to be using fireworks.
The selling, possessing or shooting off of bottle rockets also is illegal and is punishable by a misdemeanor and a possible $100 fine.
More like this story
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund