Police list fireworks rules
The Tonganoxie Police Department wants to make sure Tonganoxie residents have a safe and happy Independence Day on Wednesday.
Officials want to remind people that fireworks can only be set off on private property between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. today and Wednesday. Police advise parents to carefully supervise children if they are going to be using fireworks.
The selling, possessing or shooting off of bottle rockets also is illegal and is punishable by a misdemeanor and a possible $100 fine.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Mercury Wireless service expanding to Tonganoxie area