School board hires director of operations, technology leader
The Tonganoxie School District has its first director of operations.
The school board, in a special meeting Wednesday, hired James Brun as its first director of operations, a position created as an assistant to Superintedent Richard Erickson.
Brun earned a law degree from Nova Southeastern University, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., in 2006 and a criminal justice degree from Saint Louis University in 2003. He currently resides in Overland Park.
The board also approved the hiring of David Milhan as technology director. Milhan currently lives in Derby and formerly was technology director in the Wellington and Derby school districts.
Both positions will pay about $65,000, Erickson said.
Also at the meeting, the board hired Danielle Thomas as band colorguard instructor. Thomas was a member of the Kansas University color guard for four years.
For more on this story, see the July 18 edition of The MIrror.
More like this story
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Tonganoxie USD 464 superintendent's contract extended through 2017
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring