Obituary: Alfred Lloyd Espy
Services for Alfred Lloyd Espy, 74, of Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, July 17, 2007, at the Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Burial was at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mr. Espy died Saturday, July 14, 2007, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Sept. 6, 1932, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Walter and Helen (Kirch) Espy.
A lifelong area resident, Mr. Espy attended Stoney Point Grade School and Turner High School. Enlisting in the Marine Corp in 1950, he finished high school while serving our country.
Mr. Espy was employed for 25 years by Bethany Medical Center, retiring in 1994 as the maintenance supervisor. He is a member of the Edwardsville Christian Church and a former member of the American Legion and Moose Lodge.
He liked to barbeque and was a devoted family man.
On June 25, 1954, he married Ruth Arnold; she survives of the home.
Other survivors include his children, Richard, Tonganoxie, Thomas, Marshfield, Mo., and Ann Espy, Basehor; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Providence Medical Center Foundation or to the American Lung Assn., sent in care of Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, 701 North 94th St., Kansas City,S 66112.
Friends and family can visit Mr. Espy's Web site at www.mem.com.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes amendment protecting hunting, fishing rights
- Kansas' governor defends state's new guns-on-campus law
- After 149 years, Kansas lawmakers still grappling with 14th Amendment
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- Kansas bill to impeach top court judges advances in Senate; would allow impeachment of governor, too