Man who abandoned stolen car in May in Tonganoxie found in Illinois
Shawnee County Jail now holds man connected to sexual assault in Topeka
A man spotted in Tonganoxie in May after allegedly attacking a Topeka woman in her home now is in custody.
Days after reportedly breaking into the woman's home and beating and raping her, the man was spotted near the Sonic in Tonganoxie. That led to a manhunt and lockdown of schools.
Last week, he was arrested in Springfield, Ill., and on Tuesday night returned to Topeka.
Details of his capture were not immediately available.
The man is charged in Shawnee County District Court with aggravated criminal sodomy, aggravated battery, aggravated burglary and aggravated robbery.
Check back to The Mirror's Web site for more information on this developing story.
More like this story
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Justice Department sues KCK Housing Authority, former worker
- Kansas Supreme Court justices asked to recuse themselves
- Tonganoxie superintendent's next court appearance is next week; administrator remains on administrative leave
- Kansas urges court to let governor, lawmakers decide funding