McLouth football team holds lift-a-thon
The McLouth football team will play host to a lift-a-thon Saturday at 9 a.m. in the Bulldogs gym.
The football team is putting on the fundraiser with the goal of raise $350 each. The money will go toward a new weight room at McLouth High.
"The weight room we have now is small and crowded," senior Ryan Smith said. "If we had a bigger one, more people would go out for sports at McLouth. People wouldn't go there just to lift."
McLouth recently added new locker rooms before the 2006 football season.
The team will try to buy new equipment for the weight room as well. The Bulldogs raised in between $2,000-$3,000 in last year's lift-a-thon, according to Smith.
More like this story
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Kansas residents buy groceries out of state because of food tax, report concludes
- Brotherly love in Tonganoxie
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years