Obituary: Dorothy DeGrange
Graveside services for Dorothy J. DeGrange, 78, Columbus, Ohio, formerly of Kansas City, Kan., were Saturday, July 21, 2007, at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens in Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. DeGrange was born Dec. 12, 1928, in Kansas City, Kan., where she lived most of her life before moving to Ohio five years ago.
She was a secretary at Eugene Ware Elementary and Sumner Academy public schools and worked for USD 500 in Kansas City, Kan., for more than 20 years.
She was a member of Obetz United Methodist Church in Obetz, Ohio, and a former member of Trinity United Methodist Church.
Her husband, Robert DeGrange, died in 1997.
Survivors include two daughters, Debbie Dillon, Canal Winchester, Ohio, and Nancy Henre, Tonganoxie; seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Rehms Park Baptist Church, 404 Pratt, P.O. Box 303, Bonner Springs 66012.
Arrangements were handled by Porter Funeral Homes and Crematory, 8535 Monrovia, Lenexa. Online condolences can be made at www.porterfuneralhome.com.
More like this story
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Governor creates Social Services Policy Council