Our View: Farmer’s market a welcome addition
Our hat is off to the Historical Farmer's Market, which is taking up residence each Saturday morning in the parking lot at Tonganoxie High School.
Local vendors of home-grown produce selling to local buyers isn't a novel idea. But it's a good one. On one hand, the farmer's market helps supplement incomes for small, local growers. On the other, the market gives consumers the opportunity to buy produce that's so fresh it may have been picked earlier that day.
No offense to hot house tomatoes, but the taste of a fresh-off-the-vine tomato is something we relish and something that is coming into plentiful supply at the farmer's market.
So thanks should go out to the organizers and vendors of the market. We hope this is the first of many successful years.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Solar advocates decry Westar's new billing plans
- Mirror recieves Kansas Press Association awards for its 2014 work
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts