Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office
- Around 11:34 p.m. July 13, Joseph Fridlington, 40, Tonganoxie, was involved in a car accident on Leavenworth County Road 5, just north of Parallel Road. Fridlington's car was heading south on CR 5 when he swerved to avoid hitting a deer. Fridlington's car struck the deer, causing minor damage. No injuries were reported. Fridlington was able to drive his car from the scene.
- Two Olathe men were arrested for DUI and possession of drugs at 3:16 p.m. July 14 on U.S. Highway 24-40 just west of Stranger Creek. During the traffic stop, the 41-year-old driver was seen throwing a bag of a white powdery substance out his window. The 22-year-old passenger was also seen throwing a white powdery substance out his window. The driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol. Both subjects were arrested and taken to the Leavenworth County jail.
- At 6:45 p.m. July 14, a 46-year-old Leavenworth man was involved in a car accident on Kansas Highway 32 east of Golden Road. Officers at the scene said they smelled alcohol coming from the man. The officers asked for his driver's license and proof of insurance. The man gave the officer his license and proceeded to look for his proof of insurance while the officers called in his license. When the man came out of his vehicle, officers observed him throw a small object into the grass behind him. Officers had the man stay by the squad car while an officer went to the location where the bag landed. The officer found a small plastic bag with white powder and crystals inside the bag. The man was taken to the Tonganoxie Police Department for testing and was then transported to the Leavenworth County jail.
- A 34-year-old Linwood man was taken to Providence Hospital by EMS after being battered at Jo-Jo's Bar in Linwood. The victim reported that around 10:30 p.m. Friday, he arrived at the bar and an unknown white male began punching him. He then returned home and called 911 to report the incident. Officers attempted to locate the suspected attacker, to no avail. Officers could also not find any witnesses. The investigation is ongoing.
- At 3:10 a.m. Saturday, a 46-year-old Lawrence man was arrested and taken to the Leavenworth County Jail for DUI. The man was pulled over at the intersection of Golden and Vine streets in Linwood.
- Around 6:40 a.m. Saturday, a 54-year-old Leavenworth woman was taken to Cushing Hospital by EMS after a passerby noticed she had been involved in a car accident near the 17000 block of Springdale Road. When officers arrived they noted the woman was the sole occupant of the car and she was disoriented. At the hospital, a crack pipe was found in the woman's purse and blood was drawn and sent to KBI for testing. The woman was held at Cushing for observation. Officers also reported that the woman was driving with a suspended license.
- Three buses at Elm Grove Baptist Church in Bonner Springs were damaged after an unknown number of subjects entered the buses in the church's parking lot. The unknown subjects broke several windows, damaged the rearview mirror and two seat cushions on one bus. The incident was reported at 2:16 p.m. Saturday, but officers are unsure of when the incident occurred. There are no suspects at this time.
- At 12:35 a.m. Sunday, officers arrested a 43-year-old De Soto man at the intersection of 166th and Lenape streets in Linwood for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and driving under the influence. Officers took the man to the Leavenworth County Jail.
- At 9:43 a.m. Sunday, nursing staff called for EMS after a 70-year-old Easton woman had fallen and hit her head at Country Care of Easton. When officers arrived, a nurse told the officers that a bottle of Endocet, a form of Percocet, was found in the victim's purse. Nurses told officers the pills had not been prescribed to her and that the label on the bottle had been removed. The nursing home dispenses all medication to the residents. Officers are continuing the investigation to find out who gave the woman the pills.
- At 11 p.m. Monday, a 30-year-old Easton man was stopped for a defective tail lamp at Leavenworth County Road 33 and Kansas Highway 92. When officers reviewed the man's information, they found out he had a warrant out for his arrest for failure to appear in court. Officers arrested the man and transported him to the Leavenworth County Jail.