Obituary: Helen Sample
Services for Helen M. Sample, 83, McLouth, will be at 10 a.m. today, June 6, at McLouth United Methodist Church. Burial will follow at McLouth Cemetery.
Mrs. Sample died Saturday, June 2, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born Nov. 12, 1923, in Hopkins, Mo., the daughter of William Riley and Nora Naomi Oxley Williams. She graduated from high school in Hopkins in 1941 and attended a year of college in Maryville, Mo.
Mrs. Sample worked as a cook for the McLouth school district and was a homemaker. She was a member of McLouth United Methodist Church.
She married Joseph Bernard Sample on Dec. 1, 1944, in Kansas City, Kan. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Roger Sample, Garnett, and Robert Sample, Lawrence; a brother, George Williams, Maryville, Mo.; three sisters, Frances Espey and Evelyn Birkenholz, both of Maryville, and Dorothy Mick, Savannah, Mo.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to McLouth United Methodist Church, sent in care of Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Leavenworth County under tornado watch; red flag warning set for Tuesday