Obituary: Helen Sample
Services for Helen M. Sample, 83, McLouth, will be at 10 a.m. today, June 6, at McLouth United Methodist Church. Burial will follow at McLouth Cemetery.
Mrs. Sample died Saturday, June 2, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born Nov. 12, 1923, in Hopkins, Mo., the daughter of William Riley and Nora Naomi Oxley Williams. She graduated from high school in Hopkins in 1941 and attended a year of college in Maryville, Mo.
Mrs. Sample worked as a cook for the McLouth school district and was a homemaker. She was a member of McLouth United Methodist Church.
She married Joseph Bernard Sample on Dec. 1, 1944, in Kansas City, Kan. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Roger Sample, Garnett, and Robert Sample, Lawrence; a brother, George Williams, Maryville, Mo.; three sisters, Frances Espey and Evelyn Birkenholz, both of Maryville, and Dorothy Mick, Savannah, Mo.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to McLouth United Methodist Church, sent in care of Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit