Obituary: Ruby F. Casebier Hall
Services for Ruby F. Casebier Hall, 85, Oskaloosa, were Monday at Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home in Oskaloosa. Burial was in Pleasant View Cemetery.
Mrs. Hall died Thursday, May 31, 2007, at Hickory Pointe Care Center in Oskaloosa.
She was born Oct. 25, 1921, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of James and Pearl Kesinger. She graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1939 and attended Emporia Teachers College.
Mrs. Hall owned and operated Ruby's Cut 'n' Curl in rural Oskaloosa for 20 years. She also worked as a secretary for Security Benefit Life Insurance Co. for five years and formerly taught at Grayson School north of Oskaloosa. She was a member of Stanwood Friends Church in rural McLouth and a member of Rebekah Lodge 747 in Oskaloosa. She was a longtime volunteer at the thrift shop in Tonganoxie.
She married Avalin B. Casebier on June 2, 1943; they divorced. She married Argle M. Hall on April 2, 1972, in Lawrence. He died Feb. 16, 1988.
Mrs. Hall was preceded in death by a grandson.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Casebier; two granddaughters; and a great-grandson.
The family suggests memorials to Oskaloosa Public Library, sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie City Hall's Teresa Bastron
- Hill touts career experiences in Leavenworth County Commission race
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County