- On Tuesday, May 29 a 26-year-old male was pulled over for speeding on the 1100 block of Delaware Street. Officers discovered that the Edwardsville man had a warrant out for his arrest for failing to appear in court. The man was arrested and taken to the Leavenworth County Jail.
Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office
- The owner of a house on the 17000 block of Cantrell Road in Bonner Springs reported that her home had been broken into sometime between May 27 and May 28. The victim told deputies that someone kicked down the front door of the residence and took four paintings and clothing items. The items were valued at $3,700.
- Approximately $5,000 worth of mint-condition state quarters were taken from a safe sometime between March 31 and May 28 in the 25000 block of Parallel Road in Tonganoxie. The victim and her husband had told authorities that they had been collecting the coins since 1999. Only the coins from the year 2001 to the present had been taken. The report stated there was no sign of forced entry.
- Sometime May 30 at a business in the 1600 block of Santa Fe Trail in Leavenworth was broken into. A safe was taken from the premises. Inside the safe was a company checkbook, two credit cards and several personal checks made out to the business, along with $120 in cash. An investigation revealed that the suspect had attempted to use the credit card at several local businesses, and video footage of the attempted transactions had been taken. Authorities have identified the suspect and are continuing the investigation.
- A 44-year-old Basehor man was a victim of a drive-by "egging" around 11:19 p.m. on June 1 east of 163rd Street on County Road 8. As the man was driving east in his pick-up truck, another pick-up truck was approaching. As the two vehicles passed each other the westbound pick-up threw an egg at the victim's truck causing minor paint damage to the hood. According to the report, the Basehor man was not able to get the license plate information from the other vehicle.
- A 36-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man was stopped south of Kansas Highway 92 on County Road 29 for crossing left of the centerline. Officers gave the man a field sobriety test, which he failed. The man, who refused to take a Breathalyzer test, was taken into custody and transported to the Leavenworth County Jail.
- About 12:05 a.m. June 3 officers responded to a single-vehicle accident involving Morgan Elliott on 155th Street, about an eighth of a mile north of Donahoo Road. The 20-year-old Basehor woman was driving north on 155th her vehicle went off of the road and rolled over twice. EMS reported that Elliot had minor injuries, and was released. The Fairmount Township Fire Department also responded to the accident.
Tonganoxie City Fire Dept.
- Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 9:18 a.m., 10:10 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. May 30 and 4:36 p.m. Friday.
- Firefighters responded at 3:21 p.m. May 28 to the 100 block of Pleasant for the smell of gas at a residence. Firefighters also responded at 3:21 p.m. May 29 to the 100 block of Pleasant and 11:13 p.m. May 30 to the 200 block of East Fifth for the smell of gas. No hazards were found.
- At 11:37 a.m. Saturday, firefighters responded to a report of smoke at First State Bank and Trust, Fourth and Bury. An investigation revealed a bad vacuum motor in the drive-through. The motor had burned and sent smoke into the building. The building was searched with the department's thermal imaging camera, and the vacuum motor was disconnected.
- Firefighters responded at 12:43 p.m. Saturday to the 500 block of 13th Street for an activated smoke alarm. No hazard was found.
- Firefighters responded at 9:01 a.m. Sunday to Cornerstone Family Church for a public relations event.
- At 12:11 a.m. Sunday, firefighters responded to the 900 block of Shawnee to assist Tonganoxie police.
More like this story
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- Mercury Wireless service expanding to Tonganoxie area
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown