Three Tonganoxie girls hurt in K-10 rollover
Three Tonganoxie girls were taken to hospitals after a one-vehicle rollover wreck at 7:15 p.m. Thursday on Kansas Highway 10 about two miles east of Eudora.
The Kansas Highway Patrol report said Kayla L. Oelschlaeger, 17, Tonganoxie, was driving a 1984 Ford truck west on K-10. The right rear tire lost its tread, causing the vehicle to go onto the inside shoulder. The vehicle rolled several times and came to rest on its top.
Oelschlaeger was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center where she was treatead and released, reports said.
Two passengers, Sarah Oelschlaeger, 8, and Grace Oelschlaeger, 3, were taken to Children's Mercy Hospital. They were in fair condition Friday, according to officials at Children's Mercy.
The report said it was unknown whether Kayla Oelschlaeger was wearing a seatbelt, but neither Sarah nor Grace were.
See the 6News report on the accident
More like this story
- Governor creates Social Services Policy Council
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Officials to discuss program for Kansas food aid recipients
- Mercury Wireless service expanding to Tonganoxie area
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action