Obituary: George Edward Mills
Private inurnment for George Edward Mills, 76, Linwood, is scheduled.
Mr. Mills died Sunday, June 17, 2007, at the Dwight Eisenhower Veterans Administration Medical Center in Leavenworth.
He was born July 20, 1930, in Tonganoxie, the son of Robert and Myrtle (Swallow) Mills.
Mr. Mills was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War and was awarded a Purple Heart. He worked as a mechanic and plumber.
Survivors include his wife, Jackie Mills, of the home; three sons, Ronald Mills, Baldwin, Rick Mills, Tonganoxie, and Zach Balthrope, Linwood; three daughters, Tonya Hunsaker, Lawrence, Roxlyn Mills, Winchester, and Jai Mills, Gravois Mills, Mo.; two stepsons, Ernie Rust, North Powder, Ore., and Donnie Rust, Lawrence; 21 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, June 22, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Fourth and Delaware, in Tonganoxie.
Online condolences may be made at quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- KanCare starting ombudsman volunteer program in 3 places
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie reading specialist Janet Falk
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case