Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office
- On June 12, officers served a search warrant in the 100 block of Bowen Street in Linwood. After the search, officers arrested a 38-year-old female and a 24-year-old female for possession of narcotics. A 42-year-old female was arrested on outstanding warrants and charged with possession and sale of narcotics. A 41-year-old male was arrested on an existing warrant and also charged with possession of narcotics. Two juveniles, one of whom was not at home when officers arrived but later returned home, were placed in protective custody and transported to the Leavenworth County Juvenile Detention Center.
Three other people who were in the house were released after being identified, reports said. During the search, officers found small quantities of suspected methamphetamine and marijuana, as well as drug paraphernalia and cash.
- About 5:45 p.m. June 12, officers responded to an incident between a boyfriend and girlfriend in the 100 block of Main Street in Linwood. After interviewing both people, officers arrested the boyfriend, a 35-year-old Linwood man. He was taken to Leavenworth County Jail. The girlfriend, a 32-year-old Linwood woman, did not suffer any injuries and refused on-scene medical attention.
- Between 5 p.m. June 12 and 9 p.m. June 13, someone removed $900 worth of power tools from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway in the 16300 block of Parallel Road. Tools taken included two battery-powered framing nailers and a Hitachi half-inch drive electric drill.
- Between 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. June 13, someone removed a power pole with attached electrical meter box and breaker from the 19100 block of 166th Street. The property owner said he had been disconnecting electricity and had planned to take the pole and fixtures down that day and use them on another work site. Loss was valued at $800.
- Kent D. Johnson II, 55, Linwood, was driving about 6:05 a.m. Thursday east on Kansas Highway 32 west of 174th Street when his vehicle struck a deer. There was $4,000 in damages to the front of his vehicle. Johnson was uninjured.
Tonganoxie City Fire Department
- Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 11:17 a.m. June 12, 4:28 p.m. June 13, 3:45 a.m. and 12:09 p.m. Thursday, 4:03 p.m. Friday and 2:37 a.m. Sunday.
- At 3:35 p.m. June 11, firefighters responded to the 100 block of Village for the smell of gasoline. No hazard was found.
- At 1:29 p.m. Friday, firefighters responded to a motor vehicle accident at Third Street and U.S. Highway 24-40. There were no injuries.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, Free State Fitness teaming up for community fitness program
- Tonganoxie City Council primary election voter's guide
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Genesis Christian Academy, Tonganoxie Recreation Commission receive Lawrence Memorial Hospital grants