Court sides with city on CR1
Judge finds County Road 1 petition invalid
A petition calling for a referendum on the City of Tonganoxie's ability to help fund the development on County Road 1 is invalid, Leavenworth County District Judge David King ruled Wednesday.
After listening to arguments by the attorneys representing the more than 300 petition signers and by the city's attorney, Mike Kelly, the judge ruled in favor of the city citing Kansas Statute 12-3013, which states that petitions do not apply to, "ordinances relating to a public improvement to be paid wholly or in part by the levy of special assessments; or ordinances subject to referendum or election under another statute."
For more on this story, see the July 3 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers