Obituary: Doris June Salmon
1925 - 2007
A memorial service for Doris June Salmon, 81, will be 1:30 p.m. Saturday, June 30, at Reno Methodist Church on the Tonganoxie Historic Site campus, 201 W. Washington.
Salmon died Feb. 23, 2007, at Silverado Care Center in Salt Lake City.
She was born June 14, 1925, in Arrington, the daughter of Norman and Stella (Bowman) Wiley.
Survivors include four sisters, Betty Nelson, St. Louis, Joan Sanders, Lawrence, and Geraldine Salmon and Carol Slawson, both of Tonganoxie; a brother, Norman Earl Wiley Jr., Pebble Beach, Calif.; and a granddaughter.
Her husband, Gerald Salmon, a son, Greg, and a daughter, Gale, died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to Tonganoxie Historical Society, P.O. Box 785, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- THS football standout Trimble signs with Fort Scott Community College
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Ribbon cutting highlights new Tonganoxie Police Station
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- Kansas is 5th state where lottery prizes may have been fixed