Petition lawsuit decision expected
A long-awaited court decision surrounding the city's involvement in funding improvements to County Road 1 is expected today.
At 1 p.m., Leavenworth County District Judge David King will release his decision on the validity of a petition that calls for a vote on the city's financial participation in a project to upgrade County Road 1 from Tonganoxie to a proposed interchange on the Kansas Turnpike.
In November 2006, the city filed a lawsuit against the 354 residents who signed the petition. If the city prevails , no vote would be scheduled on the city's contribution to the project.
Tonganoxie has pledged $1 million toward the County Road 1 improvements but has not acted on the pledge while the lawsuit decision is pending.
¢ Check out tonganoxiemirror.com after 1 p.m. today to find out how Judge King ruled.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Curtis Oroke
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities