Richard Alvin Groves Jr.
1957 - 2007
Services for Richard Alvin Groves Jr., 49, Basehor, were Monday, June 25, at Holy Angels Catholic Church, Basehor. Burial was at Holy Angels Cemetery.
Groves died Thursday, June 21, 2007, at University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Oct. 21, 1957, in Lincoln, Neb., the son of Richard and Marcia (Fletcher) Groves.
Groves was an equipment operator for J.C. Penney in Lenexa.
He married Christina (Wilson) Ogden-Groves on March 17, 2001, in Tonganoxie. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Steven Groves, Austin, Texas, and Brandon Ogden, of the home; three daughters, Lisa Ballar and Leslie Groves, both of Austin, Texas, and Chelsea Ogden, of the home; a brother, Christopher Groves, Rapid City, S.D.; a sister, Missy Lockhart, Chattanooga, Tenn.; and two grandsons.
The family suggests memorials to the American Heart Association, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas House panel to review Democratic lawmaker's remarks
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck