Obituary: Doris June Salmon
A memorial service for Doris June Salmon, 81, Salt Lake City, will be at a later date in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Salmon died Friday, Feb. 23, 2007, at Silverado Care Center, Salt Lake City.
She was born June 14, 1925, in Arrington, the daughter of Norman and Stella (Bowman) Wiley.
Mrs. Salmon graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1943. She married Gerald Hicks Salmon on Nov. 16, 1947, in Tonganoxie. He died earlier.
Mrs. Salmon worked as a secretary at City Hall in Kansas City, Mo., and at the Sunflower Ordnance Plant in De Soto. For more than 25 years, she worked in the personnel department for the state of Utah in Salt Lake City.
Survivors include four sisters, Betty Nelson, St. Louis, Joan Sanders, Lawrence, and Geraldine Salmon and Carol Slawson, both of Tonganoxie; a brother, Norman Earl Wiley Jr., Pebble Beach, Calif.; and a granddaughter.
A son, Gregory Scott, and a daughter, Dianna Gale, died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Tonganoxie Historical Society, P.O. Box 755, Tonganoxie 66086, or to the charity of the donor's choice.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie football outlasts Spring Hill, 33-13, in season opener
- Chieftains nab 1st victory in overtime fashion, place 4th at home invite
- Eudora outlasts Tonganoxie girls with work on the glass
- Turnovers doom Tonganoxie football in district loss
- Eudora outlasts THS girls in tournament consolation game