Jump Rope for Heart to begin Monday
Tonganoxie Elementary School students will be participating in the school's sixth annual Jump Rope For Heart event beginning Monday.
The event is co-sponsored by the American Heart Association and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
The Tonganoxie Elementary School physical education department is organizing the local event. Students will jump rope during PE classes through April 11.
TES instructor Ursula Kissinger will oversee jump rope work in the fourth grade, Jeremy Goebel in third, second and first grades and Diane Titterington kindergarten.
Students will be jumping rope for nearly a month. The exercise will be part of the students' regular curriculum. Goebel said students are welcome to raise money for the annual fund-raiser during the time period as well.
"If kids want to get donations, they can," Goebel said.
Last year, TES was named the top fund-raising school in northeast Kansas for Jump Rope for Heart.
Students raised between $5,000 and $6,000 during the event last year.
More like this story
- Defending home turf in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie forensics team wins overall titles in frist weekend of competition
- Tonganoxie High Science Olympiad team wins first regional in school history
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Tonganoxie hoping TV celebrity will make surprise visit for this weekend's sesquicentennial celebration