James Edward Rightmire
Services for James Edward Rightmire, 59, of Tonganoxie, were Monday, March 26, at Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mr. Rightmire died Thursday, March 22, 2007, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Aug. 9, 1947, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of James L. and Annabelle Rightmire.
A lifetime area resident, Mr. Rightmire served in the Army during the Vietnam War and was awarded the Purple Heart.
He was retired from Santa Fe Railway. He collected coins, stamps, model trains, guns, antique tools, license plates and old books. He enjoyed genealogy research, chess, bowling, fishing, hunting, animals and motorcycles. He was a Goldwing man.
Survivors include his parents: James L. and Annabelle, Boliver, Mo.; his wife of 34 years, Dorothy "Dottie," of the home; a daughter, Andrea "Kitten" Steadman, Tonganoxie; a son, Marc, Tonganoxie; five grandchildren; and two sisters, Sherrie Wood, Grand Rapids, Mich., and Judith Bryant, Boliver, Mo.
The family suggests memorials to the charity of the donor's choice, sent in care of the funeral home, 701 N. 94th St., Kansas City, Kan. 67068.
More like this story
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Tyson plant opponents pack Leavenworth County Commission meeting
- Tonganoxie department buildings open
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Leavenworth County Commission votes down Patriot highway plans