James Edward Rightmire
Services for James Edward Rightmire, 59, of Tonganoxie, were Monday, March 26, at Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mr. Rightmire died Thursday, March 22, 2007, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Aug. 9, 1947, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of James L. and Annabelle Rightmire.
A lifetime area resident, Mr. Rightmire served in the Army during the Vietnam War and was awarded the Purple Heart.
He was retired from Santa Fe Railway. He collected coins, stamps, model trains, guns, antique tools, license plates and old books. He enjoyed genealogy research, chess, bowling, fishing, hunting, animals and motorcycles. He was a Goldwing man.
Survivors include his parents: James L. and Annabelle, Boliver, Mo.; his wife of 34 years, Dorothy "Dottie," of the home; a daughter, Andrea "Kitten" Steadman, Tonganoxie; a son, Marc, Tonganoxie; five grandchildren; and two sisters, Sherrie Wood, Grand Rapids, Mich., and Judith Bryant, Boliver, Mo.
The family suggests memorials to the charity of the donor's choice, sent in care of the funeral home, 701 N. 94th St., Kansas City, Kan. 67068.
More like this story
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie City Council OKs proposed 2016 budget
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13