McLouth Happenings (March 28, 2007)
Five McLouth community churches invite you to attend Holy Week Services during the week prior to Easter, April 1 through April 6.
First Baptist, Church of the Nazarene and United Methodist are within or near the city; Stanwood Friends Meeting is in a rural setting about 3 miles southeast of town, off Highway 16; and Springdale Friends Church is approximately 10 miles east of McLouth -- off Highway 92.
For decades, it has been a tradition, during Holy Week, for McLouth's churches to rotate worship services. Palm Sunday through Good Friday, an evening service will be at one of the five churches. The pastors will also rotate.
We'll celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection at the Community Easter Sunrise Service, followed by Fellowship. This is a wonderful opportunity to visit the different churches and learn about them, as our neighborhood comes together in worship. Visitors are always welcome.
All evening services are at 7 p.m.
McLouth Community Holy Week schedule:
- Palm Sunday, April 1 -- First Baptist Church
- Monday, April 2 -- Springdale Church
- Tuesday, April 3 -- Stanwood Friends Church
- Wednesday, April 4 -- Nazarene Church -- Worship Band (Youth Night with food follows)
- Thursday, April 5 -- First Baptist Church
- Friday, April 6 -- United Methodist Church -- Drama Team
- Easter Sunrise Worship begins at 6:30 a.m. at United Methodist Church, followed by a fellowship breakfast.
All of McLouth's churches will have their traditional Easter Worship services.
All ladies are invited for fun and fellowship at 7 p.m. Monday, April 2, at Countryside Baptist Church, 10328 Wellman Road. There will be devotions, fellowship, refreshments and an Easter craft demonstration.
"Parents As Teachers Playgroups" meets at the McLouth Community Center/Library. This month's schedule features "Fun with Ducks" from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m on Monday, April 2, and Thursday, April 19, and 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 17.
"Parents As Teachers" is a fun, free, early-learning program for parents of children, prenatal through 3 years, sponsored by McLouth School District and the Kansas State Department of Education.
Contact Jennifer Klamm, parent educator, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 845-1519.
Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy, email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie Boy Scout provides lending library to downtown pocket park
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- THS art students painting green stripe this year
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network