Obituary: William M. Newby
Services for William M. Newby, 80, Leavenworth, were Monday, March 26, at McLouth Church of the Nazarene. Burial was Tuesday, March 27, at Mount Washington Cemetery, Independence, Mo.
Mr. Newby died of a heart attack Wednesday, March 21, 2007, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Oct. 8, 1926, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of William J. and Ruth Wickham Newby.
Mr. Newby served in the U.S. Navy for 21 years and retired in 1965.
He married Margaret Foster. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Dan Newby and Kevin Campbell; seven daughters, Connie Waters, Tess Newby, Lora Dranszewski, Leslye Lauer, Charity Newby, Lynda Spencer and Karen Campbell; and 10 grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, 604 E. Fourth St., Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.Online condolences may be sent at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits