Opal “Faye” Pence
Services for Opal "Faye" Pence, 86, Lawrence, were Tuesday at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery.
Mrs. Pence died Saturday, March 24, 2007, in California, Mo.
She was born Aug. 12, 1920, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Fredrick and Elma Pickens Kramer.
Mrs. Pence worked for Jayhawk Box Factory and Hallmark Cards, both in Lawrence, and as a housekeeper in Lawrence and Tonganoxie.
She was a member of the Worldwide Church of God in Topeka.
Survivors include a daughter, Violet Faye Gordon, California, Mo.; a brother, Leroy Kramer, Rantoul; three sisters, Florence Faler, Lawrence, Gladys Pentlin, Osawatomie, and Irma Groom, Louisburg; five grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
An infant son, Terry Wayne, died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to any hospice center, sent in care of the funeral home, 604 E. Fourth St., Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be sent at www.quisenberryfh-.com.
More like this story
- Defending home turf in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie hoping TV celebrity will make surprise visit for this weekend's sesquicentennial celebration
- Kansas lawmakers to resume talks over proposed tax increases
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Linwood girl's passion for rodeo continues to grow