Family celebrates resident’s 92nd birthday
Family members from across the country traveled this past weekend to the Tonganoxie area to celebrate Harry Benoist Davis' 92nd birthday, which is today.
On Saturday, an open house was held in his honor with approximately 200 people in attendance at Kingswood Senior Living Center in Kansas City, Mo.
Brother Howard Davis and his wife, Hana, and their son, Christopher Davis from New York City stayed at the Amanna Elan Hotel in Tonganoxie for an extended visit.
Other relatives present at the party were Davis' sister, Margaret Davis Owen of Kansas City, sister Martha Davis Ware and her husband, Wendell, from Carrollton, Mo., and sister Mary Frances Davis from Houston.
Daughters Dawn Davis Anderson of Dallas, Melody Davis of Overland Park, Delight Davis of Tonganoxie, Heather Davis of Kansas City, Mo., and Heidi Davis Waldo of Springfield, Mo., also attended the event.
Daughter Miracle Davis Foti of Seattle was unable to attend.
More like this story
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Lansing approves Leavenworth County Humane Society permit for future building
- Latest Tonganoxie police station search part of multi-year saga
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015