Family celebrates resident’s 92nd birthday
Family members from across the country traveled this past weekend to the Tonganoxie area to celebrate Harry Benoist Davis' 92nd birthday, which is today.
On Saturday, an open house was held in his honor with approximately 200 people in attendance at Kingswood Senior Living Center in Kansas City, Mo.
Brother Howard Davis and his wife, Hana, and their son, Christopher Davis from New York City stayed at the Amanna Elan Hotel in Tonganoxie for an extended visit.
Other relatives present at the party were Davis' sister, Margaret Davis Owen of Kansas City, sister Martha Davis Ware and her husband, Wendell, from Carrollton, Mo., and sister Mary Frances Davis from Houston.
Daughters Dawn Davis Anderson of Dallas, Melody Davis of Overland Park, Delight Davis of Tonganoxie, Heather Davis of Kansas City, Mo., and Heidi Davis Waldo of Springfield, Mo., also attended the event.
Daughter Miracle Davis Foti of Seattle was unable to attend.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit