Lansin blanks THS in soccer
The veteran Kaw Valley League program didn't have much of a welcome for the fledgling program to the southwest.
In the first meeting between rival schools Lansing and Tonganoxie in girls soccer, LHS proved to be the established program Monday in Tonganoxie.
The Lions scored five goals in the first half and breezed to an 8-0 win.
With the victory, LHS clinched the inaugural Kaw Valley League girls soccer title.
Meanwhile, THS fell for the third straight time and now stands at 4-6 overall. Still, Tonganoxie made strides during the game, coach Ken Lott said.
He challenged his players to compete with more fire, and, from his standpoint, the Chieftains came through.
"I think we needed to establish a style of play," Lott said. "A little more aggressiveness and pride."
Last week, THS fell to Maranatha. However, THS fell, 3-2 against the Shawnee school. Addy Phelps and Alexa Moreno scored goals for Tonganoxie in the losing effort.
THS will play at 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. today in JV and varsity action respectively at St. James Academy-Lenexa.
Thursday, THS will play its final home game against Ottawa. JV will play at 4:30 p.m. and varsity at 6 p.m. It also will be Senior Night at Chieftain Park.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Wheat harvest tradition returns across Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan