Golfers end season in Topeka; Hayden wins regional
Tonganoxie concluded its rain-soaked golf season with a seventh-place Class 4A regional finish at Western Hill Golf Course, Topeka.
Hayden won the event with a low score of 300.
For Tonganoxie, Drew Scates and Matthew Williams shot under 100, as Scates finished with a 97 and Williams a 99. Tanner Newman and Mitch DeHoff each shot 105s.
THS, like so many other teams this season, has experienced its share of rainouts at golf meets. However, on a clear day Monday, THS coach Steve Harrell said "the sun was nice."
Although the Chieftains experienced a tough season in trying to get some consistency in competing in meets, Harrell is looking forward to the 2008 campaign.
"We do not have seniors and should be more competitive next season," Harrell said. "The guys seemed really eager to make improvements next season."
1. Hayden, 300; 2. Abilene, 330; 3. Council Grove, 352; 4. Basehor-Linwood, 359; 5. Chapman, 366; 6. Santa Fe Trail, 380; 7. Tonganoxie, 405; 8. Bishop Ward, 414; 9. Kansas City Piper, 431.
More like this story
- Kansas designates Wednesday as Military Appreciation Day
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament