Obituary: Elmer Dean (Bud) Moore
1922 - 2007
A Celebration of Life and Masonic service for Elmer Dean (Bud) Moore, 84, will be at 7 p.m. Friday, May 18, at his home, 402 S. Olive St., McLouth.
Mr. Moore died Thursday, May 10, 2007, at his home.
He was born Oct. 20, 1922 in Rosedale, Kan., the son of Lawrence and Christine (Meyer) Moore. The family moved to Elkhart, Kan., when he was an infant.
Mr. Moore was a World War II Army Air Corps veteran and a third-generation carpenter and builder.
On Jan. 15, 1948, he married Frances Graham. She died Dec. 19, 2006.
Survivors include three sons, Robert, Johnson, Kan., James, McLouth, and Larry, Oskaloosa; a daughter, Janeice Smoots, Emporia; a brother, William, McLouth; three sisters, Mildred Hausner, Mamie Moore and Ruth Butler, all of McLouth; nine grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 2 p.m. until service time Friday at the home.
The family suggests memorials to Jefferson County Hospice or American Heart Association, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be sent at www.quisenberryfh. com.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High school's Mary Welsh
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Tonganoxie High School presenting 'Charlie Brown' musical
- Kansas Turnpike Authority approves two-year bridge projects
- Tonganoxie selects Prairie View administrator as latest schools superintendent