Obituary: Madelyn M. Istas
Perry -- Mass of Christian burial for Madelyn M. Istas, 79, Perry, was Monday at St. Theresa Catholic Church in Perry. Burial was at Mount Calvary Cemetery in Perry.
Mrs. Istas died Wednesday, May 16, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born July 20, 1927, in Clyde, the daughter of William M. and Esther Fay Good Chartier.
She had lived in the Perry area since 1975.
Mrs. Istas was a homemaker and worked as a property manager. She also was a teacher for two years at a one-room school.
She was a member of St. Theresa Catholic Church in Perry and its choir.
She married Leo E. "Bill" Istas on Aug. 20, 1946, in Aurora. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include three sons, Jim and David Istas, both of Topeka, and Kevin Istas, Bonner Springs; a daughter, Cheryl Pierson, Tonganoxie; four brothers, Ray Chartier, Dallas Center, Iowa, Don Chartier, Des Moines, Iowa, Gene Chartier, Lenexa, and Dennis Chartier, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; a sister, Glenace O'Connor, Conway, Mo.; and six grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials the church or Catholic Charities, sent in care of Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Vehicle crashes Saturday into downtown Tonganoxie dance studio
- Woman, child killed in highway crash in Kansas
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Easton man convicted in DUI case
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence