Jarrod and Margaret Sanford, Ottawa, announce the birth of their son, Leyton Harrison Sanford, born May 18, 2007, in Lawrence. He was 19 1/2 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces. He has a big sister, 9-year-old Allison. Maternal grandparents are Lloyd and Margaret Smelser, McLouth. Paternal grandparents are Steve and Linda Hird, Moran.
- American Legion Auxiliary Post No. 393 thanks all who supported their Luncheon and Bake Sale. Funds collected from the auxiliary's fundraisers remain in the McLouth community and are distributed for scholarships and Girls State. 2007 scholarship recipients are: Ryan Saxton, Caitlin Mestagh, Rocky Keyes, and Amanda Cain. Sarah Woodhead will attend Kansas Sunflower Girls State.
- Tonganoxie's Community Band will conduct practice sessions from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday evenings in June in the Tonganoxie High School Band Room (enter through the front doors, turn right). The band's annual concert at VFW Park will be June 26. Community Band is open to all instrumentalists from sixth grade to adults. It's lots of fun. Please join us.
- McLouth's 16th Annual BBQ Blowout will be Saturday at Prairie Park on the west side of McLouth. This event is the Northeast Kansas State BBQ Championship, sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society. Visit with the competing barbecue teams and participate in the People's Choice Award. McLouth Crackerjacks 4-H Club's Country Breakfast will start the day at 7 a.m. Lots of activities will follow, including a pie-baking contest, motorcycle show, model airplanes, wall climbing, paintball, giant slide, moonwalk and games for the kids. This is a great event for the whole family. Follow your nose to Smokers Alley. Free parking and admission. Trams will be available.Garage Sales will be plentiful around the community duringthet weekend.
-- Please submit McLouth community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie residents face marijuana charges
- Kansas officials won't be charged in case of man wrongfully imprisoned for murder
- Kansas title fee increase suggested to fund more patrol officers
- Kansas attorney general seeks data on Colorado legal marijuana entering state
- Tonganoxie police track down escaped prisoner