Obituary: Charles Lee Bates
1934 - 2007
Services for Charles Lee Bates, 73, Basehor, will be 1 p.m. today, May 30, at Basehor United Methodist Church. Burial will be in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mr. Bates died Friday, May 25, 2007, at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park.
Mr. Bates was born Jan. 28, 1934, in Basehor, the son of Edward and Opal (Stephenson) Bates.
He was a U.S. Army veteran who worked as a building contractor.
He was a charter member of the Basehor Lions Club and a member of the Saturday Morning Breakfast Club.
He married Avis C. Sanders on Dec. 7, 1957, in Yuma, Ariz. She survives of the home. Other survivors include two sons, Randy and Steven, both of Basehor; two daughters, Sandy Coleman, Bonner Springs, and Susan Harrison, Basehor; and four grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the American Heart Association or Basehor Historical Society, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993 Tonganoxie 66086. Online condolences may be left at quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers