1921 - 2007
Services for Esther Shea, 86, Lawrence, will be at 2 p.m. today, Nov. 7, at Colby Wesleyan Church in Colby. A celebration of her life will be at 1 p.m., preceding the service.
Mrs. Shea died Thursday, Nov. 1, 2007.
She was born Feb. 17, 1921.
Mrs. Shea was a homemaker and a member of Lawrence Wesleyan Church.
She married James S. Townsend in 1937. He preceded her in death. In 1961, she married Hamilton Shea, who also died earlier.
Also preceding her in death were three sons, Clifford Townsend, Oscar Townsend and Michael Shea, and a daughter, Jenny.
Survivors include a daughter, Ruth Townsend, Lawrence; two sons, Wilbert Townsend, McLouth, and James Townsend, Medford, Ore.; a sister, Helen Ruhs, Burlington, Colo.; two brothers, Henry Schulz, Winfield, and Johnny Schulz, Oak Harbor, Wash.; 14 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
Family and friends may leave condolence messages at forevercemeteries.com.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl