1921 - 2007
Services for Esther Shea, 86, Lawrence, will be at 2 p.m. today, Nov. 7, at Colby Wesleyan Church in Colby. A celebration of her life will be at 1 p.m., preceding the service.
Mrs. Shea died Thursday, Nov. 1, 2007.
She was born Feb. 17, 1921.
Mrs. Shea was a homemaker and a member of Lawrence Wesleyan Church.
She married James S. Townsend in 1937. He preceded her in death. In 1961, she married Hamilton Shea, who also died earlier.
Also preceding her in death were three sons, Clifford Townsend, Oscar Townsend and Michael Shea, and a daughter, Jenny.
Survivors include a daughter, Ruth Townsend, Lawrence; two sons, Wilbert Townsend, McLouth, and James Townsend, Medford, Ore.; a sister, Helen Ruhs, Burlington, Colo.; two brothers, Henry Schulz, Winfield, and Johnny Schulz, Oak Harbor, Wash.; 14 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
Family and friends may leave condolence messages at forevercemeteries.com.
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle