Lawrence Joseph Budenosky
1924 - 2007
Services for Lawrence Joseph Budenosky, 83, Tonganoxie, were Friday, Nov. 2, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Burial was in Sacred Heart Cemetery.
Mr. Budenosky died Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007, at his home.
He was born March 12, 1924, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Anthony and Margaret Lynch Budenosky.
Mr. Budenosky served in the U.S. Army during World War II with the Combat Engineers. He was a bulldozer operator for 52 years with List and Clark Construction in Overland Park before he retired. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie and Local 101 Hoisting Engineers.
He marred Iris Schultz on Nov. 6, 1948. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include three sons, Larry and Brian, both of Manhattan, and Mike, Dallas; two daughters, Linda Bentch, Buckner, Mo., and Pamela Simanowitz, Leavenworth; two sisters, Vera Wallace, Overland Park, and Liz Johnson, Portland, Ore.; 13 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
A grandson died in 2001.
The family suggests memorials to the church or Odyssey Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be sent at quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016
- Tonganoxie community shows support for family of fallen soldier
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Tonganoxie VFW Post hosting Saturday discussion on veteran affairs
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel