Madge French Torneden
1910 - 2007
Graveside services for Madge French Torneden, 97, Kingman, will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, in Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence.
Mrs. Torneden died Sunday, Nov. 4, 2007, at Wheatlands Health Care Center in Kingman.
She was born Oct. 6, 1910, in Watson, the daughter of Jacob and Alpharetta Glenn French. She graduated from Eudora High School.
Mrs. Torneden was a homemaker. She was a member of the Happy Hour Club in Linwood, and she and her husband helped develop the Renner Senior Center in Tonganoxie.
She married Arnold "Dutch" Torneden on Oct. 4, 1933, in Bonner Springs. He died June 20, 2000.
Survivors include a son, Arnold D. "Duane" Torneden, Titusville, Fla.; a daughter, Rettalou Massey, Kingman; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Trinity Hospice Care of Kingman, sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home.
Online condolences may be sent at rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly