Fatal crash under investigation
A Bonner Springs man died from injuries he received in a single-car accident early Friday morning.
According to Leavenworth County Sheriff's reports, Joseph P. McKechnie, 46, was traveling south on 158th Street about 2:10 a.m. when his 2000 Honda Accord left the road just north of Cantrell Road and overturned. McKechnie, who was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle, died at the scene.
Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service and Sherman Township Fire Department also responded to the accident.
Officers believe alcohol may have been a contributing factor. The accident remains under investigation.
More like this story
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- In good spooky spirits in Tonganoxie
- USD 464 releases instructional video for TES, TMS student dropoff and pickup procedures
- Informational video helps understand traffic procedure at TES, TMS
- Tonganoxie USD 464 receives one bid for former elementary school