Poets’ Corner: O Little Tonganoxie Town
This week's poet is Laurence Hill of Tonganoxie.
O Little Tonganoxie Town
O little Tonganoxie Town,
How still we see thee lie!
All down your short and friendly streets,
Your folks walk smiling by.
O you of first-rate schooling proud,
Of lively library,
Of busy downtown district,
And Historic Society:
Good City staff make flow the
Water, taxes, trash and sewer.
Police, Council, sports, Firefighters are
Well-chronicled in the weekly "Mirror."
For such a compact country town
You are a big surprise,
Bigger and better in all these ways
Than imagined in a new guy's eyes.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Curtis Oroke
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers