Chester E. Davis
Services for Chester E. Davis, 80, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Nov. 24, at Mount Hope Chapel in Topeka.
Mr. Davis died Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2007, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center.
He was born Nov. 11, 1927, in Emporia, the son of Chester and Viola Jones Davis.
Mr. Davis served in the U.S. Navy from 1946 to 1947. He worked as a switchman for Santa Fe Railway in Topeka and Emporia for 42 years and retired in 1987. He was a member of United Methodist Church in Tonganoxie and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6406 in Lyndon.
His wife, Doris Kuykendall Davis, died Feb. 21, 2007.
Survivors include two sons, Chester E., Topeka, and Gary L., Tonganoxie; and three grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be made at quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls