A memorial service for Cynthia Ellen Bixby, 53, Leavenworth, was Monday, Nov. 26, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Leavenworth.
She died Nov. 19, 2007, at her home in Leavenworth.
Ms. Bixby was born Aug. 17, 1954, in Topeka, the daughter of Robert M. and Carol (Rankin) Bixby.
She graduated from St. Mary College and taught seventh and eighth grade at Immaculate Conception in Leavenworth. She later taught at Project Stay, where she was promoted to director and remained there until her retirement.
Survivors include her companion, John Holtgrefe, of the home; a brother, Dennis Bixby, Tonganoxie; and a sister, Brenda Kelly, Topeka.
The family suggests memorials to the American Diabetes Association, 10580 Barkley, Suite 400, Overland Park 66212, or the Cynthia Bixby Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Arrangements were entrusted to Belden-Larkin Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Leavenworth. Online condolences may be made at beldenlarkin.com.
More like this story
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race